Are you feeling hopeless, isolated, and not your usual self? Do you find it hard to remember a time when you did not feel that way? Depression is not always as obvious as it seems and will be different for each person. Sometimes depression is on-going, sometimes it is the result of a specific situation, and sometimes it can feel completely unpredictable. To make it even more complicated, depression can often occur with other mental health issues.
Depression can often feel and sound like...
- I am worthless and can’t do anything about it.
- I feel guilty for just wanting to eat, sleep and be alone.
- I hate who I am these days and that I can't keep up with others.
- I can’t stop crying, which makes me want to stay away from others.
- I feel gut-wrenching pain, but no one understands.
- My life and the world around me are dark and I don't know how to change it.
- I don't think anyone really knows how hard it is for me to meet my responsibilities.
If you have had any variation of these thoughts and don’t feel like your usual self, chances are you may be suffering from depression. The good news is that you do not have to face your depression alone.
Many clients find relief in realizing that their struggle does not own them and that there are many options available to once again have hope for their lives.
There are many social stigmas that come with the label of being depressed and our therapists aim to help clients sort out their environmental, biological, and circumstantial factors while offering support and care through a very dark time in their lives.
If you are hoping to finally lighten this dark, heavy load and feel like yourself again, please contact our team to see how we can help.